Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome baby Zachary!

I know that I am already late in posting this. I was very busy taking care of my sweet lil' son ever since he was born last Dec. 17, 2009. So, Ok! I'll share now on what happened on my labor and delivery at the hospital.

8:00 AM
- We arrived in the hospital.

8:30 AM - I was already 6cm but i didn't feel any contraction. They gave me IV

9:00 AM - They gave me Epidural so that I won't feel any labor pain.

9:30 AM
- They gave me Petocin and they break my bag of water.

10:00 AM - I was 8cm already. While I was watching TV in our room, they asked me on what time do I want to start pushing. I told them I want 12PM because that is the time that Ellen De Generes show is over LOL! The nurses just laughed at me biggrin.gif

11:30 PM
- I was 9 1/2 cm dilated.

12:00 PM - I was exactly 10cm, The Ellen show is over and I was ready to push biggrin.gif

2:34 PM - The baby was delivered through normal delivery. He weighs 7.52 lbs and 20 1/2 inches long kicking.gif and we have another good news! He had his ultrasound and his kidneys are cleared kicking.gif kicking.gif kicking.gif He still needs to see his Urologist though to have his KUB just to make sure that there is really no more liquids in his kidneys.

I didn't feel ANY pain at all because they gave me Epi first before Petocin. My husband was with me during the delivery and during delivery, they were wondering on why i am laughing while pushing LOL! I know I was weird. I was laughing because I expected the worst pain in this world but I never felt any pain at all! Ain't that sweet? biggrin.gif

My husband is so cute. He told me that he will be with me during my delivery but he will not look "down there" while I am pushing. But when the midwife said "I can see the head now! Keep pushing!" then hubby looked and didn't stopped looking "down there" LOL! He actually keep on telling me to push more and more while holding my hand and rubbing gently my head which gave me more strength in pushing :) After I gave birth, I asked him if it grossed him out watching me delivering the baby. He said "No, it was actually amazing" lol!

I am soooo thankful to God with this wonderful blessing star_smile.gif
And to all the pregnant women that will give birth soon, good luck to you all and may you all have safe delivery!

No comments:

Post a Comment