Tuesday, January 26, 2010

No amount???

It's been a week and a day now since Zac's 2nd ultrasound and I finally got the result of it (yeah, just now!). I called them last Wednesday for the result but as usual, its their voicemail who answered my call so I just left a message to call me back. Unfortunately, no call from them on that day. I waited til Thursday,., still no call from them so I decided to call the next day. Friday came and stiiiiiill no call from them. I was so frustrated the whole weekend as I wanted to know the condition of my baby. I called them Monday morning and I was happy that I got a call from them on the afternoon. A nurse called me and informed me that he (Urologist) wants to see Zac before they give the result. I asked her "Is there any problem with my son?Why does he needs to see him? " she answered "Because that is how we do it" I replied "Is that the best answer that you can give to me? That is how you (hospital/doctor) do it?". I mean, why not tell me the result? if the result is negative then that's good BUT if there is any problem in his kidneys then let me know so I could bring my son to him but I want to know the result first (which i deserve to know) before I bring my son there. I didn't want to be rude or mean to her but giving me crappy answer like "Because that is how we do it" made me more confused and scared about the result. I mean, common! I waited days for their call and that is the answer I will get from them???

Today, I spoke to his doctor's secretary and she said that there is fluid that was found in his renal area. Urologist also said he has mild hydrophrosis and it usually resolves on its on so he doesn't need to take any antibiotics. My son also needs to have another ultrasound 6 months from now to check if the fluid is still there. I asked for the amount of fluid they found in his kidney but the secretary wasn't able to give it to me because it wasn't noted in his record. Anyways, I just asked her to send me my son's medical record.

I am thankful that my son is one of those lucky kid who only has mild hydronep. I am also hoping and praying that the fluid will be gone soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment