Friday, January 8, 2010

3 week old Zac

It is fun to see child's development day by day. Zac put smile on my face every time I see development on him so I created this post to track his developmental milestone.

Zac's Milestone
( 3 week old )

Motor Development
  • Opens and shuts his hands. He likes doing this over and over again. Sometimes I feel like he is grabbing something in the air.
  • Raises his head and chest while lying on his stomach. He is comfortable sleeping lying on his stomach but however he raises his head and chest whenever he feel like he don't want to lie on his stomach.
  • Stretches his legs out and kicks when lying on stomach or back. He does this too whenever he doesn't want to lie on his stomach.
  • Mouths objects brought to his face. He sticks his bib and blanket or anything that he can grab to his mouth which simply means "Mommmyy! I am hungry."
  • Grabs my hair gently. When I am feeding him, he sometimes grabs my hair and just hold it for awhile. He release it though every time I take my hair away from him.
  • Strong grip. His grandpa is impressed how strong his grip is.

Visual Development
  • Watches faces intently. I think that he really can see things already on the first day that he was born. Of course its not 20/20 vision, but I think that he can see glare already because every time I feed him, his eyes follows my face whenever I move to right and left.
  • Likes looking at lights. He adores lights. He likes staring at them :)

Language Development
  • He don't "coo" yet but he is already starting to by his mouth forming round shape.

Social/Emotional Development
  • Imitates you when you stick out your tongue. He is soooo cute every time he stick out his tongue. Awhile ago, while my niece was holding him, She stuck her tongue out of him and he stuck his tongue back out of her hehe.
  • Smiles and grins. He likes smiling and showing his cute dimples. He also grins while he sleeps. They says that if a baby smile or grins while he/she is sleeping then that means his/her guardian angel is playing with him/her.

Cognitive Development
  • Plays with her fingers.
  • Brings his hands to his mouth. This indicates that he is hungry.
These are Zac's development as of this moment and I can't wait to see more.

No comments:

Post a Comment