Tuesday, January 5, 2010

First appointment to his Pediatrician

This morning was Zac's first appointment to his pedia. The 3 of us (me, hubby & Zac) was up early to go to the clinic. Jeez! it was freaking 10F outside and we all need to hurry in getting inside the car or else we might turn into popsicle sticks lol!

Inside the clinic, after hubby filled out some papers, the nurse checked Zac's weight. He weighs 7.52 lbs. when he was born and weighs 6.10 lbs after a couple of days. The nurse told me that it is normal to an infant to lose 7 % of its weight after few days the baby was born. I found this site which explains on why. Zac's weight went 6.18 lbs. on the 5th day which was a good sign because infant shouldn't continue losing weight. Anyway, his weight now is *drum roll* 8.10 lbs. woohooo! He gained almost 2 lbs. in 15 days :D The pedia told us everything looks fine with Zac and his jaundice was gone :)

We then went home and finally, I received the call I have been waiting for. It is the call from his urologist. Actually, it was his secretary who called me.The secretary told me that Zac's urologist already reviewed his record of ultrasound from the hospital where he was born. She said that his urologist wants him to have another KUB. Why? the urologist said that usually, babies are born dehydrated til their second day which makes the KUB result inaccurate if it is done within the day that he is born til his 2nd day. Sooo now, Zac is scheduled to have his 2nd KUB on Jan 18th.

I hope that everything will be fine. I love my son and I always pray for his safety and health.

No comments:

Post a Comment