Monday, March 29, 2010

St. Patrick's Day


Zac wore green clothes last St. Pat's Day. We went to shop with my dad-in-law that day and I decided to make him wear green since its St. Pat's Day. I know, it is the Irish's tradition of wearing green during that minor holiday (here in the US) but some Americans also wear green so I decided to make Zac join the club LOL!

Hubby told me that there are rivers here in the US that they dye green to celebrate this day. If I remember it right, I think it is the Chicago River.

TRIVIA: Originally, the colour associated with Saint Patrick was blue. However, over the years the color green and its association with Saint Patrick's day grew. Green ribbons and shamrocks were worn in celebration of St Patrick's Day as early as the 17th century.

No comments:

Post a Comment