Saturday, March 20, 2010

3 months old

Zac's Milestone
(3 months old)


Motor Development
  • "Cycles" arms and legs smoothly
  • Raises his chest and head by using his arms while lying on his stomach
  • Holds his head facing straight and forward while lying on her back
  • Has a stronger kicking reflex. His grandpa said "Wow! you kicked 100 miles per hour" lol!
  • Keeps his body tight and compact when you pick him up

Visual Development
  • He loooovveesss watching TV. He can sit in the couch for 10-15 mins just watching TV that is why I always turn on the TV to kids shows like Dora, Diego, Spongebob, Mickey Mouse, Handy Mandy etc.

Language Development
  • Imitate some vowel sounds ("ah-ah, ooh-ohh").
  • His first wordS is "I love you". Yeah, you read it right, first words not word :D I was putting him to sleep one time (when he was 2 months old ) when I said I love you to him then I kinda heard him say "i love you". At first I didn't believed what he said because he is too young to say words like that so in short I ignored it. He did it again after few days so I immediately told it to my hubby and like me, he didn't believe it either. Few days after, I was talking to Zac while filming him when I said I love you to him and he said "i love you" to me :D Actually I didn't realize that he said it again til I showed the video to my husband THEN that is the time that he believed it because it was caught on cam. I'll post that video sometime next week whenever I get time to do it hehe. Well, its not really he said the word "i love you" clearly but he can sound it already :)

Social/Emotional Development
  • Coos, gurgles and smiles with pleasure when he sees me
  • He gives the cutest and biggest smile to people 95% of the time.
  • Recognizes and prefers the people closest to him
  • Snuggles into my arm's for security and comfort
  • He is more communicative with his face and body
  • Smiles, frown and grimaces

Cognitive Development
  • Focuses visually on object big or small
  • Improves his ability to follow objects with her eyes
  • Responds to loud sounds by crying or becoming silent or startled
  • Enjoys the sights and sounds while being taken for a stroll
  • Developing hand-eye coordination
  • Plays independently for 10-15 minutes at a time


No comments:

Post a Comment